- 1 Learn to oil paint Dhairya lakshmi from scratch – About the tutorial:
- 2 Learn to oil paint Dhairya lakshmi from scratch – Unique Value Add that you will get:
- 3 Learn to oil paint Dhairya lakshmi from scratch – More on this series of 8 tutorials on Ashta Laksmi:
- 4 Materials Required:
- 5 Colors & Brands Used in the Video Tutorials:
- 6 Brushes Used in the Video Tutorials:
- 7 Links to References:
Learn to oil paint Dhairya lakshmi from scratch – About the tutorial:
Attract abundance with Dhairya Lakshmi – This is a basics to advanced level tutorial on oil painting on a small canvas 40 x 50 cms. Watch, and paint along with me 🙂 Learn how to make an oil painting of Dhairya Lakshmi (one of the eight forms of Goddess Lakshmi /Ashta Lakshmi) step-by-step. Get to know the tips and tricks as to how to make a professional quality painting.
Learn to oil paint Dhairya lakshmi from scratch – Unique Value Add that you will get:
Unlike any other painting tutorial on such God/Goddess/DemiGod images, this unique series of art tutorials are devised in such a manner that you not only learn oil painting but also take your art to the next level wherein you can leverage the same to create a positive social impact.
Yes! you are going to paint something common with an unique twist. You will be taking the reference image of the Goddess that is well-known and is so easily available in the internet. However, instead of painting the same image you will be converting this image of a Goddess to that of a girl child. By the end of the session, you will have created an artwork that creates a positive social impact by celebrating diversity and empowering a girl child.
Learn to oil paint Dhairya lakshmi from scratch – More on this series of 8 tutorials on Ashta Laksmi:
I have created 8 different tutorials for the Ashta Lakshmi images. What you have chosen to work on is Dhairya Lakshmi. Ashta means eight. Ashta Lakshmis are 8 Goddess that are celebrated and prayed for all the positive propensities of life such as good health, wealth, happiness, good food, courage, victory, knowledge, children and family.
Here’s the list of 8 different lakshmis that will be covered in these 8 tutorials:
* Adi-Lakshmi also known as Maha-Lakshmi (The Great Lakshmi) is the first form of Goddess Lakshmi
* Dhanya Lakshmi is the Goddess of food grains
* Dhairya Lakshmi is the Goddess of courage and valor
* Gaja Lakshmi is the elephant Goddess or the Goddess of all positive attributes
* Santhana Lakshmi is the Goddess of progeny
* Vijaya Lakshmi is the Goddess of victory
* Vidya Lakshmi is the Goddess of knowledge
* Dhana Lakshmi is the Goddess of wealth
For each of the Goddess images I have chosen a parallel reference image of a girl child from 8 different countries. Through this tutorial I demonstrate how I transform these well-known women Goddess images into that of girl children, giving this concept a new meaning.
1. Professional oil colors 37 ml 1 pack (Also see “Colors & Brands used in the video”) 2. Cold pressed raw linseed oil used for oil painting – 1 bottle 3. Hog hairbrushes – 1 set 4. soft synthetic brushes for Oil /Acrylic – 1 set (Also see “Brushes used in the video”) 5. wooden /metal /glass palette or plate – 1 (Avoid plastic palette) 6. small metal lid or candle stand to pour oil – 1 7. 1 small bottle of dishwashing liquid for cleaning brushes 8. 1 cleaning cloth 9. 1 Paper towel 10. glass medium-sized jar (any used jar f.eks. marmalade jar) 11. 80 x 60 cm canvas 12. Magnifying Glass – 1
Colors & Brands Used in the Video Tutorials:
1. Titanium White – Winsor & Newton brand 2. Burnt Umber – Winsor & Newton brand 3. Yellow Ochre – Winsor & Newton brand 4. Sky Blue/Primary – Maimeri Classico Brand 5. Ultramarine Blue – Maimeri Classico Brand 6. Mars Red – Maimeri Classico Brand 7. Olive Green _ Van Gogh Brand 8. Earth Green – Maimeri Classico Brand 9. Permanent Yellow Light – Maimeri Classico Brand 10. Ivory Black – Maimeri Classico Brand 11. Crimson – Maimeri Classico Brand 12. Yellow Ochre Light – Maimeri Classico Brand 13. Vermillion Light _ Maimeri Classico Brand 14. Prussian Blue – Maimeri Classico Brand 15. Permanent Violet – Maimeri Classico Brand 16. Cadmium Orange – Maimeri Classico Brand 17. Light Gold – Rembrandt Brand
Brushes Used in the Video Tutorials:
1. Hog hairbrush – Round (Large) size 12 for the first Layer or washing the canvas
2. Soft synthetic brushes – Round – sizes 0 to 14
3. Soft synthetic brushes – Flat – sizes 0 to 14
4. Soft synthetic brush – Angular – size 18
5. Microbrush – size 0/12 Princeton Round velvet touch